Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:47:12 +0000

>Probably the 1st standard for syncing information between devices. Made
>specifically with PDA-type devices. Apparently the latest Nokia devices
>support it. phpgw has a module for that (apparently also to enable
>server-to-server comms, although I  might have read wrong and that was
>with xmlrpc).

SyncML can sync between a server and a client, AND between two servers.

The Nokia 9210 and 6310 are clients, and other devices. There's a list on
syncml.org.

>Someone else may be able to give more detail.
>
>Darn it, Guillaume beat me ...

Well, basically, it's a set of commands, a subset of xml, to send between a
server and a client for synchronyzing. It does not say how to solve conflicts,
compare entries field-by-field, or things like that. It says just how to
communicate.

>I'm doing long, but that's because I am now going for supper (long
>overdue) ...

Finished lunch ! ;-) If other people have questions ... I'm developing a perl
client, and would like to re-develop the server part of phpGW, as it is not
finished and does not "satisfy" me ...