Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Bugs noticed when porting to sybase

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Bugs noticed when porting to sybase
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:27:13 +0000

> You should be using the mssql class for porting, not
mysql.  While the
> mssql support is not mature, it is pretty much a dead-
ringer for mssql
> syntax, since both use Sybase's Transact-SQL.
>
> Copy the mssql classes, replace mssql_ with sybase_ for
native function
> calls and work from there :)

In fact, I noticed today that it was what I should have
done!
Anyway, I now mix mysql (works better) and mssql (better
compatibility with sybase) to edit my *sybase*.php files.

Yves

wrote:
> > Another hack I need to do for sybase is to remove
all ";"
> > at the end of the queries. I do it easily with regex
and
> > it works well. But is it the right place to do that?
> > Could there be something like $db->termination that
would
> > be set to ";" for mysql and "" for sybase?
> --
> Michael L. Dean
> Double Choco Latte - http://dcl.sourceforge.net/
> GNU Enterprise     - http://www.gnuenterprise.org/

developers

--
homepage - http://ymettier.free.fr                   -
gtktalog - http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/gtktalog  -

Profitez de l'offre spéciale Tiscali Liberty Surf !
50% de temps en plus pendant 3 mois sur tous les forfaits Internet.

http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3