Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Bugs noticed when porting to sybase

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Bugs noticed when porting to sybase
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:09:03 +0000

> I would think that any changes you make would be in
> either class.db_sybase.inc.php or by creating a new
> class.schema_proc_sybase.inc.php.

In fact I did both.
But that's not so obvious.
For example the following does not work on sybase:
create table (name type NOT NULL DEFAULT default_value)

'default' has to be before 'not null'. This is a problem
I fix with regexp. But if there was another way to do it
more properly...

> As for the version, currentver is created by setup
> reading from the phpgw_applications table.  If you
> set that to 'version' then the api will never upgrade.
> In any event, since this does work for almost
> everyone, I would look elsewhere for the problem -
> what was it again?

Well, I removed the line, and it seems to work without it.
Maybe the bug was somewhere else and I fixed it?

Now, my new problem is that I create the databases (seems
to work), then I fill them. And some sql requests fail
because some columns are null and were not created
with "NULL".

I attach to this mail what my phpgroupware tells me after
I created the tables. Check for "Sybase message" to see
the errors. I think those errors are errors from
phpgroupware, not from my port. Am I wrong?

Yves
PS. I have no access to CVS here. I can send a patch with
my work to anybody who asks me. And when I have something
working, I send it to the main developer team!

> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Porting phpgroupware is going on.
> >
> > I have a question that is maybe a bug report.
> > In setup/inc/class.setup_detection.inc.php, there is
> > variable called $setup_info['phpgwapi']
['currentver']. I
> > could not find where it is supposed to be initialized.
> >
> > I initialized it in phpgwapi/setup/setup.inc with the
> > same value as $setup_info['phpgwapi']['version'].
> >
> > It works better, but I would like to know if I fixed
> > bug or if I just made a bad hack.
> >

> > Another hack I need to do for sybase is to remove
all ";"
> > at the end of the queries. I do it easily with regex
and
> > it works well. But is it the right place to do that?
> > Could there be something like $db->termination that
would
> > be set to ";" for mysql and "" for sybase?
> >
> > Yves
> > --
> > homepage - http://ymettier.free.fr                   -
> > gtktalog - http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/gtktalog  -
> > cardpics - http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/cardpics/ -

> > Profitez de l'offre spéciale Tiscali Liberty Surf !
> > 50% de temps en plus pendant 3 mois sur tous les
forfaits Internet.

http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3

developers

developers