[Phpgroupware-developers] database table fix

From: Paul McAvoy
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] database table fix
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:08:47 -0800

Hi, I don't know if this group is the correct location to post something like
htis... but here goes:

I am using a recent cvs copy (a couple of days ago) of the phpgroupware site.
I found that using the app 'User Directory' duplicate copie.s of the group
members were showing up for a given account.  It turns out that there was no
unique key for the table phpgw_acl keeping duplicate entries from occuring.

The following table (mysql) fixes the problem:

CREATE TABLE phpgw_acl (
  acl_appname varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  acl_location varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  acl_account int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  acl_rights int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  UNIQUE KEY alar (acl_appname,acl_location,acl_account,acl_rights)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

.. I don't know about the issue with the setting the field types to not being
null.  I am also testing /using phpgw on a copy of mysql V.3.22.32 (debian)
which requires the fields to be non-null on a unique index.

Additionally, mysql Ver 3.22.32 requires indexs be no larger than 256 chars..
but I don't believe anyone here will care much about that.

Hope this helps folks out!

- Paul

--
Paul McAvoy     -- Informatico Magnifico --              http://queda.net