pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Bug p16

From: Herb Coburn
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Bug p16
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:20:14 -0700

I think not. Because in "direct addressing" the value being
loaded is part of the command. "register addressing" would
load the value from another register. "indirect addressing"
loads the value from memory. There are other modes, such
as the referenced memory location containing a pointer to
a second location that contains the value you want to load,
and several methods of offsetting (indexed) from a point
in memory. It all gets very confusing to me.

But all of the methods become essential at one point or
another.

Herb Coburn
Spokane, WA, USA

Téssio Fechine wrote:
  In the first paragraph:
"addressing mode and specified the %eax register, and the %eax register contained the value 4, whatever value was at memory location 4 would be used. In -->direct addressing<--, we would just load the value 4, but in indirect addressing, we use 4 as
the address to use to find the data we want."

Would it be "register addressing" instead of "direct addressing"?

Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo <http://br.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/mail/*http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses> com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.