pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Build Error - unit test cases

From: Gaurav Aggarwal
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Build Error - unit test cases
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:57:07 +0530 (IST)

Still I don't think that this is because of the absence of the check library. I
followed the mail thread mentioned above, but as per my understanding both of
them are different problems. In the above discussed mail, problem is coming
mainly because of the fact some of the library symbols are not available during
build time, thats also on the different platform (for windows) but in my case,
its one of the pdf library test function, that is missing.  Since, because of
the top mailings this mail no longer contains the original problem reported by
me, I am attaching the build error and my system configuration once again.

System Configuration
--------------------------------
Architecture      :   Intel Pentium (i686)
Operating System    :   Linux 2.6.26
Compiler used       :   gcc 4.1.2

Build Error
---------------------
>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src  -I../../lib
-I../../src -I../../src/base -I../../src/object
-I../../torture/tortutils -DTEST_DATA_PATH=\"../../torture/testdata\"
-Inocheck/  -g -g -MT pdf-stm-write.o -MD -MP -MF
.deps/pdf-stm-write.Tpo -c -o pdf-stm-write.o `test -f
'base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c' || echo './'`base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c
>base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c: In function 'mem_stm_fixture_setup':
>base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c:52: error: 'test_name' undeclared (first use in this
>function)
>base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c:52: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
>only once
>base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c:52: error: for each function it appears in.)
>make[2]: ***
> [pdf-stm-write.o] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/GNU-pdf/gnupdf.gaurav/torture/unit'
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/GNU-pdf/gnupdf.gaurav/torture'
>make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>FYI, I used the following command during configure time:
>./configure
-prefix=/home/GNU-pdf/inst --enable-debug-base --enable-debug-object
--enable-debug-document --enable-debug-page --enable-nocheck CFLAGS=-g

Problem Analysis  -
------------------------------
 After looking at the source code, it seems to me that in
"torture/unit/base/stm/pdf-stm-write.c" file, "fail_if()" is used
inside the mem_stm_fixture_setup() function which is NOT a valid usage
scenario. fail_if() macro used a variable 'test_name' but this variable
is initialized only in the START_TEST macro which is not getting called
in this particular case. I double check it, and currently this function (
'mem_stm_fixture_setup') is the only place where we are
calling the fail_if without invoking the START_TEST earlier. Also,
function "tcase_add_checked_fixture" used in the same file i.e. in
pdf-stm-write.c file is not defined anywhere. So, even if you fix the
first problem, person will get the undefined function error for this
during linking time. I would suggest that the author of this file take
a relook at this file and do the necessary changes.

>Let me know in case you guys need more information regarding this. Hope, this
>will help.
>
>--
>Regards,
>Gaurav Aggarwal

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer
8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/