pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] automated build system idea

From: Zac Brown
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] automated build system idea
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:17:29 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Zac.

> I'll look into it. I knew there was one out there, it had just slipped > my mind. This was an "on a whim" thought as I was sitting in class about > an hour ago :).

Looks like buildbot has done most of the work for me that I wanted to do so I'm going to set it up on the following machines, though it may get changed around as some machines are... in a state of flux shall we say:

   Sun Enterprise E220: Debian Linux on 2x450MHz UltraSPARC IIi w/ 1024 MB ram
   Apple XServe Intel(1st gen): Mac OS X on 2x2.4GHz Xeon(dual core) w/ 2048 MB
ram
   Apple Mac Mini(1st gen): Mac OS X on 1.42GHz PowerPC(G4) w/ 256 MB ram
   Dell Edge Server: Ubuntu Linux on 2x1.6GHz Xeon(quad core) w/ 8192 MB ram

Would be interesting if you could setup buildbot to build a checkout
of the trunk.

Could buildbot manage our testing framework?

That part I'm unsure of.

I'm still playing with buildbot and honestly I haven't convinced myself yet that I entirely like it.

I'll have to play with it more. It'll be a little while either way :).

-Zac