pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] automated build system idea

From: Zac Brown
Subject: [pdf-devel] automated build system idea
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:46:43 -0400

Hey all,

I've got a small idea brewing in my head to create some custom build system that will run a nightly build on different arch/OS machines to verify we still work on them.

Is this something we'd be interested in for sure?

I've got a PPC Mac OS X machine that will probably one of the first that I put to the task. The other is a Sun UltraSPARC IIi machine running Debian.

I don't intend for it to be terribly complicated and may even get ambition enough to setup a perl/python script that dynamically gets updated as results of the build come through and possibly pastes the output of the compile if the build fails.

We could probably integrate the test-suite in with this as well, similar to the way Wine does at http://test.winehq.org

-Zac