pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources

From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente
Subject: [pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:39:41 +0200

Hi,

In GHM 2008 I told jemarch about using a documentation extractor from the sources for the project. I told him about Doxygen, which is quite full-featured and produces very nice output, but does not generate texinfo documentation, which is a requirement for GNU projects.

I have done some research and found this http://josefsson.org/gdoc/ It seems to be quite good for C projects. What do you think? In case Doxygen where considered (I find it syntax and features better) we could generate Docbook with Doxygen and then Texinfo with docbook2tx anyway.

I don't want to bother you with the typical: "hey you do things the way I like", but I just thought that using a documentation generator from the sources could highly improve productivity and documentation quality, and leaves no need for API consistency checks.

JP