pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] filter testcases

From: raskolnikov
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] filter testcases
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:05:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Marchesi,

I also think that it is important to make tests on the pdf filters. An
stupid bug in a filter found in final stages of development can be hard
to find and a total mess.

Using the pdf_filter seems the best option to me. I didn't know about
test drivers, but I'm reading about Dejagnu and seems usefull. However,
I think that probably we can drive the test cases from a simple
makefile, as using pdf_filter would nees just to filter some data and
diff it with an already checked correct output.

Maybe the worst part of this is just design the concrete tests cases
-to ensure that they control every single limit and error prone case-,
which is a bit boring, but I think that by using the pdf_filter it must
be quite straightforward to build them.

JP