partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Partysip talking to another SIP proxy

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Partysip talking to another SIP proxy
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:48:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Annamalai Meenatchy wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have the following requirement. How do I configure SIP proxy to talk to
> another SIP Proxy.  I am trying to achieve the following follow.
>
> Client A-> Partysip->Mysipserver->Client B

The best possibility is to configure it this way if possible:

1:
 Client A use proxy partysip sip:partysip.mediaring.com.sg
 And INVITE user B but knows that user B is registred at
 mysipserver.domain.org: sip:address@hidden

partysip will resolve mysipserver.domain.org and forward
the message there.

2:
 Some UAs can't be configured to do this and always send
 INVITEs with a url like: sip:address@hidden

In this case, you last chance is to forward ALL SIP traffic
to mysipserver.domain.org with the ls_static plugin. But
if some calls don't need to be forwarded there, then this
configuration will not fit you.

3:
I have a magic plugin (:-) with regex capability where
you define a pattern and if that pattern match, then
the call is forwarded to the given location. This plugin
also replace some part from the initial sip url and transform
it to another:

forward ^sip:0([a-zA-Z0-9]+)@(.+)|sip:address@hidden

In this case, all calls where the username start with 0
will be forwarded to myproxy2.isp.org

 for example:
 1 userB is registred at myproxy2.isp.org as sip:address@hidden
 2 userA send an INVITE to proxy1 to sip:address@hidden
 3 proxy1 forward INVITE to proxy2 to sip:address@hidden
    (not that the 0 has been removed :)

This "private dialing plan/regex" plugin will be merged in a later release
as people are looking after it...
Will this plugin fit you?

Aymeric