Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list

From: Douglas A. Augusto
Subject: Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:37:53 -0300

Hi Ole Tange,

I think something is weird regarding this new feature in GNU Parallel (#42983).
I just received some complaints from the administrator here at the computer lab
and then I ssh-ed into some remote machines to see what was happening: there
were tons of processes running on a single machine, far more than the amount of
specified slots!

Not only that, but also stopping GNU Parallel on the local machine didn't stop
the inconvenient remote processes.

Do you have a clue about what is wrong here? Maybe GNU Parallel is constantly
duplicating deactivated hosts when they show up again?

--
Douglas A. Augusto