RE: User opinion needed: What shell should GNU Parallel use?

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: RE: User opinion needed: What shell should GNU Parallel use?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:22:06 +0000

Hmmm,

If what you are trying to do is put the names of the files in the current
working directory into  a file named foo...

that is a strange application,

before this thread, I would have expected to have to use `bash -c` to get
redirection and wildcard expansion to work

like this

>  parallel bash -c 'echo * > {}' ::: foo

shows what I know

hmmm again