Re: Spawning jobs in a staggered start?

From: John
Subject: Re: Spawning jobs in a staggered start?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:43:13 -0800 (PST)

d>>  Is there a way to have parallel spawn jobs on a delayed start with 1 sec

> delay between each one?
>
> No. Can you elaborate why that would be useful to you?

I am using parallel to send jobs to a compiler in an i686 chroot via the
schroot command.  I have found it to be very fragile and breaks when parallel
hits it with multiple requests at the same time.  If I could add a 1 or 2 sec
delay between starts, it would be fine.  Is this something you can add easily?