./packager/debian/buildpackage.sh

From: Hans Schou
Subject: ./packager/debian/buildpackage.sh
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 13:04:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

Can I have the attached script added to the git-repo?
It will simplify my needs for a Debian packages.

I had to have the two lines with GLO_VER to make Debian have the same version number. If possible it would be nice if this global version number was set along with the version in 'src/parallel'. And then remove these two lines from the script. Or maybe just update ./packager/debian/debian-template/changelog

Then the Debian install command is just:
 git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/parallel.git
 cd parallel
 bash ./packager/debian/buildpackage.sh
 sudo dpkg -i ../parallel_*_all.deb

On the other, when the version number is updated, the script actually only run these two commands:
 [ ! -e debian/control ] && ln -s packager/debian/debian-template debian
 dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -tc
and it could just be written in the README file.

What do you think?

/hans
--
Horsebakken 78, DK-2400 København NV