Re: git pull error - pls ignore configure

From: Hans Schou
Subject: Re: git pull error - pls ignore configure
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 07:25:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Ole Tange wrote:

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Hans Schou <chlor@schou.dk> wrote:

$ git pull
From git://git.savannah.gnu.org/parallel
  ab1fe95..beef9c1  master     -> origin/master
Updating ab1fe95..beef9c1
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
merge:
       configure
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

What have you changed in configure? Normally you would not have to
change configure. You would simply run:

./configure && make -j && sudo make -j install

I think I see the error when you have changed configure.ac or some files like that. Then my system runs autoconf as configure.ac is newer than configure, and I the get a configure which is slightly different from yours, as my autoconf is not exactly the same version.

Well, do you know what other projects do?

/hans
--
Horsebakken 78, DK-2400 København NV