paragui-users

Re: [paragui-users] Some first time user questions

From: Paul Williams
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Some first time user questions
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:02:40 -0700 (PDT)

No, there's no need to track every cout, cerr etc...
just reassign cout/cerr/clog to /dev/null (or it's
windows equivilant) as one of the first steps in your
main() routine.  see the following snippit:

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>

using namespace std;

int main( void )
{

filebuf fb;
fb.open("/dev/null",ios::out);
ostream foo(&fb);
cout = foo;
cout << "look, not much to see!" << endl;

}