paragui-users

[paragui-users] private vs. protected in PG_Application, SetTitleFormat

From: H. C.
Subject: [paragui-users] private vs. protected in PG_Application, SetTitleFormat, console, listbox behaviour
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:37:55 +0100

Hi everyone,

it is pretty inconvenient if one wants to modify PG_Application's
RunEventLoop, since both 'enabledAppIdleCalls' and 'my_quitEventLoop' are
declared private. Why not make them protected, that would solve all
problems.

Analogous to SetTextFormat, shouldn't there also be a SetTitleFormat (for
the lazy people :D )?

Please make PG_LogWindow's title customizable!

Last but not least - I've already mentioned it in a prior post - I'm a bit
annoyed about the way, PG_ListBox adds items. Why should it, unlike
PG_WidgetList, modify an item's width just to make it fit the listbox
without having to scroll? It wouldn't be that bad, if AddWidget, which does
add widgets like PG_WidgetList, was declared public, but it's private :'( .

Looking forward to reading your answers and many thanks in advance!