paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] PG 1.1.8 compiled, 1.1.9 didn't

From: andino
Subject: [paragui-dev] PG 1.1.8 compiled, 1.1.9 didn't
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:37:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hello guys!
I have a big problem over here... I have been trying to compile ParaGUI
yesterday and today (I have been fiddling around with the settings etc
for about 16 hours on these two days -_- ). I finally managed to
compile all the dependencies for PG 1.1.8. For 1.1.8 I was also using
PhysFS 1.1.0. But when I tried to compile PG118, it said that there
were two errors in physfs.h. After that I tried this again with the
physfs.h from the paragui/src/physfs directory and PG compiled. But I
needed the old PhysFS DLLs as well, but PhysFS (that one that comes
with PG118) wouldn't compile because of some errors I don't remember
anymore...

After this hadn't worked, I thought my last chance was to try it with PG
CVS (1.1.9) [I don't have to tell you how long it took until I finally
got the correct version onto my HDD -_- I never used CVS before]. As
this has no Makefile, I started a new project (Dev-Cpp) and set all the
needed settings - at least I think so... I included all header and
source-files and added these LIBs to the linker:
-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image
-lexpat -lfreetype
-lsigc-1.2 -lphysfs
After everything was set up, I tried compiling again but got following
error messages:

src/core/pgapplication.cpp:55: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::mutexScreen' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:55: warning: 'PG_Application::mutexScreen'
defined locally after being referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:56: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::pGlobalApp' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:57: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::screen' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:57: warning: 'PG_Application::screen' defined
locally after being referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:59: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_Theme' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:60: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::bulkMode' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:61: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::enableBackground' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:62: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_mouse_pointer' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:63: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_mouse_backingstore' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:64: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_mouse_position' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:65: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_mouse_mode' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:66: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::DefaultFont' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:67: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_background' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:68: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_scaled_background' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:69: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_backcolor' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:70: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_backmode' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:71: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::disableDirtyUpdates' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:72: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_eventSupplier' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:73: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_defaultEventSupplier' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:74: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::defaultUpdateOverlappingSiblings' of dllimport'd
class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:75: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_cursor_drawn' of dllimport'd class.
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:76: error: definition of static data member
'PG_Application::my_pauseEventLoop' of dllimport'd
class.src/core/pgapplication.cpp: In destructor `virtual
PG_Application::~PG_Application()':
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:142: warning: function 'virtual
PG_Application::~PG_Application()' is defined after prior declaration
as dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp: In
destructor `virtual PG_Application::~PG_Application()':
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:142: warning: function 'virtual
PG_Application::~PG_Application()' is defined after prior declaration
as dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp: At global
scope:
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:206: warning: function 'static void
PG_Application::WakeUp()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:206: warning: 'static void
PG_Application::WakeUp()' defined locally after being referenced with
dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:227: warning: function 'virtual void
PG_Application::RunEventLoop()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:268: warning: function 'static void
PG_Application::ClearOldMousePosition()' is defined after prior
declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:268: warning: 'static void
PG_Application::ClearOldMousePosition()' defined locally after being
referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:293: warning: function 'static void
PG_Application::DrawCursor(bool)' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:293: warning: 'static void
PG_Application::DrawCursor(bool)' defined locally after being
referenced with dllimport linkagesrc/core/pgapplication.cpp: In member
function `virtual bool PG_Application::eventKeyUp(const
SDL_KeyboardEvent*)':
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:377: warning: function 'void
PG_Application::Quit()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp: At global
scope:
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:481: warning: function 'SDL_Surface*
PG_Application::SetScreen(SDL_Surface*)' is defined after prior
declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:481: warning: 'SDL_Surface*
PG_Application::SetScreen(SDL_Surface*)' defined locally after being
referenced with dllimport linkagesrc/core/pgapplication.cpp:511:
warning: function 'bool PG_Application::SetBackground(SDL_Surface*,
PG_Draw::BkMode, bool)' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp:511: warning:
'bool PG_Application::SetBackground(SDL_Surface*, PG_Draw::BkMode,
bool)' defined locally after being referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:536: warning: function 'static void
PG_Application::RedrawBackground(const PG_Rect&)' is defined after
prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:536: warning: 'static void
PG_Application::RedrawBackground(const PG_Rect&)' defined locally after
being referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:649: warning: function 'virtual void
PG_Application::eventInit()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp:777: warning:
function 'void PG_Application::Shutdown()' is defined after prior
declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:777: warning: 'void
PG_Application::Shutdown()' defined locally after being referenced with
dllimport linkagesrc/core/pgapplication.cpp: In member function `void
PG_Application::SetCaption(const std::string&, const std::string&)':
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:809: warning: function 'void
PG_Application::SetIcon(const std::string&)' is defined after prior
declaration as dllimport: attribute ignoredsrc/core/pgapplication.cpp:
At global scope:
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1033: warning: function 'static bool
PG_Application::GetBulkMode()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1033: warning: 'static bool
PG_Application::GetBulkMode()' defined locally after being referenced
with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1045: warning: function 'void
PG_Application::DeleteBackground()' is defined after prior declaration
as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1045: warning: 'void
PG_Application::DeleteBackground()' defined locally after being
referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1073: warning: function 'static void
PG_Application::FlushEventQueue()' is defined after prior declaration
as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1073: warning: 'static void
PG_Application::FlushEventQueue()' defined locally after being
referenced with dllimport linkage
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1083: warning: function 'virtual void
PG_Application::eventIdle()' is defined after prior declaration as
dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1243: warning: function 'bool
PG_Application::PumpIntoEventQueue(const SDL_Event*)' is defined after
prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
src/core/pgapplication.cpp:1243: warning: 'bool
PG_Application::PumpIntoEventQueue(const SDL_Event*)' defined locally
after being referenced with dllimport linkagemingw32-make: ***
[src/core/pgapplication.o] Error 1

Now I don't have any idea left what could invoke these errors. Please
help me with this, I've put enough hours into this without being able
to go on programming with my game... and all I wanted this GUI for is
my game...

Here are the things I used:
SDL 1.2.11
SDL_image 1.2.5
Expat 2.0.0
Freetype 2.2.1
LibSigC++ 1.2.7
PhysFS 1.1.0
I'm using Dev-Cpp on Windows XP.
and btw: I'm a noob with things like MSYS or stuff like that. I'm happy
enough that I found out how to compile projects with makefiles...