paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Paragui Developer

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Paragui Developer
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:09:21 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 20.11.2005, 16:29 +0100 schrieb Ulf Lorenz:
> > Any of you up to the task?
> Well, I suppose the main problem here is that ultimately, the core
> paragui development team reduces to 1 person: Alex. This is not
> untypical, I'd say my own project has two core members and is still
> progressing nicely. However, I suppose most people here have another
> (main) project they are doing and just patch paragui when it becomes
> neccessary or when they have time combined with enthusiasm. This is
> propably the main problem with making it a world class product.
Wise words from our spokesman Ulf :)
But there were some tiny patches from a couple of guys (including Ulf).
To be serious. Huge amounts of code came from contributions.

> No offense meant here. And I suppose if you have important patches, Alex
> will include them in the main branch as well. But just to *taking out
> the dictionary* bring you down to earth again.
Right. Whoever has some code to share,... Do it.
Just talking about it won't give any progression.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh sometimes but there were so many people talking
about using ParaGUI for commercial devices, games, whatever in the last
couple of years. I only trust the code that gets back. And nothing else
matters.

Alex