paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Paragui Developer

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Paragui Developer
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:54:34 +0100

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:04:12PM -0800, Christian M. Jensen wrote:
> We have been building an application with Pargui for about a year now
> and are running into various things we would like to get fixed. We are
> considering hiring someone to fix them, but thought it would be best to
> go straight to the source.
Well, I suppose Alex doesn't mind getting manpower. As long as he/she
doesn't write C code. =:o)

> The biggest problems we are facing are performance and size of the
> executable. It has a tendency to redraw all the time (many times
> unintelligently). We are also looking to get better font rendering.
With redrawing unintelligently you mean something like "changing text
of 10 labels leads to 10 redraws"? If so, you may want to look at the
function PG_Application::SetBulkUpdate, which disables these redraws.

And another issue is: the current (developed) version of paragui is
1.1.8 or, as Alex mentioned, the devel-1-1 branch in cvs. The other one
had several problems.

cu,
Ulf

--