pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Groups marked as 'unread' while no unread articles are v

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Groups marked as 'unread' while no unread articles are visible
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:08:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:17:23 +0000, Mateusz Viste wrote:

> Hello, I noticed that sometimes groups are being marked as "unread" by
> Pan, for example with "2" unread articles, but when I actually enter the
> group, no unread articles are unread. Clicking on the icon "go to next
> article" also yields no result.
>
> I suspect this is related to some new-but-hidden-because-in-killfile
> articles being present.
>
> Has anyone else observed such behavior? Is there any known work-around?

I see that sometimes, especially in binary groups which have posts
cross-posted to multiple groups where I'm subscribed to both. Deleting
those post in one group decrements the count in the other, cross-
posted group too, but doesn't delete the posts in the other group.
On entering the cross-posted group, the count increases to reflect the
actual contents because the cross-posted posts were not actual marked
as read after reading/deleting in the other group.  But sometimes, after
reading/deleting all the new posts in that group and moving to another
one, that secondary group still shows an unread count.  re-entering it
makes the count disappear.  It's never bugged me enough to try to
diagnose it or identify exactly the circumstances that cause it.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.