pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters

From: mick
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:21:29 -0000

Is the PC choking at the downloading of the headers stage?
Or
Is it choking once all the headers are downloaded and you are trawling
through that group?

Forgive my ignorance but I thought a filter can only be set once a header is
downloaded.

I had a similar situation on a non binary group where once all the thousands
of headers had been downloaded I set a filter to ignore certain posters and
from then on everything has run smoothly.

If the PC is choking in the first instance, what you really want is not to
download the header in the first place.

More knowledgeable people here will no doubt have a better answer, one I
would like to know as well.

Mick.