pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] UseNet Reader for Macs post-Mavericks?

From: Henry Rowbottom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] UseNet Reader for Macs post-Mavericks?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:34:59 -0600

Thanks, Daniel.

H.
================
On Jul 1, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Daniel Berjón Díez <address@hidden> wrote:

On 1 July 2014 20:56, Henry Rowbottom <address@hidden> wrote:

I had been using MT-NewsReader since God knows when, but the installation of Mavericks stopped THAT cold!  I would like to find another Usenet newsgroup reader, and I have been pointed at Pan for Mac.

However, I don’t see many updates since 2012, and I am wondering whether it works on Mavericks, or whether that update squashed it, too?  Can someone tell me whether Pan works on the Mavericks OS (10.9) or not?

Have you tried the last published version? If it doesn't work and
you're not comfortable compiling your own software, you might want to
look elsewhere for the moment.

And if it does NOT work any longer, does anyone know of a program that reads Usenet Newsgroups for a Mac?

Panic Unison is a (or rather the) likely candidate for a typical Mac user.

Cheers,
Daniel