pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139 refuses to start! [SOLVED]

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139 refuses to start! [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:33:45 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice posted on Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:25:22 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:48:39 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> tasks.nzb , I think you mean.
>
>   Yes, indeed. I don't see that was the cause of the problem though,
> because:
>   (1) With the same .pan2 (with all permissions changed to new user)
> containing the same.tasks.nzb file, Pan *did* start.
>
>   (2) If I delete the taks.nzb file, it re-appears after the next pan
> session.

Well yes, it reappears, because it's pan's task list, which pan updates
periodically as you set it to fetch stuff and then as it completes those
fetches.

So the file will always be there.  It's just that (I think) you somehow
got a corrupted file, which was causing the problem.

But as I said, that it worked with a new user with the same tasks.nzb
file remains an unsolved mystery (a missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle),
unless by some chance you missed the perms on that file, so pan couldn't
read it from the other user, so the corruption didn't affect it in that
case.  But that's simply the most plausible explanation for it I can come
up with; I doubt we'll ever know for sure.