pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Latest pan 100% CPU usage

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Latest pan 100% CPU usage
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:37:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:09:16 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> The last time people were reporting 100% cpu, it was traced to some sort
> of conflict with the gnome accessibility stuff.  As I don't run gnome
> I've never seen the problem, so this is all second hand to me, but the
> solution back then was to turn off whatever the gnome accessibility
> daemon was called (a11y ring a bell?), before trying to run pan.

I remember this because that problem was affecting me (badly). So I went
back to the archives. I think this is where walt and keith discovered
that the cause of the problem was at-spi-registryd. The discussion
started in 2008, but solved in March 2009. See:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2009-03/msg00131.html

If it's not clear from that post, uninstalling at-spi had solved the
problem for me.
-- David