pan-users

[Pan-users] Trivial change to header-pane.cc ?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Trivial change to header-pane.cc ?
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 01:20:34 +0000 (UTC)

(I'm really posting this to test the new 'sent' and 'draft' folders, but
I'm also serious about the stuff below :)

If you take a look at (just for example) alt.binaries.photos.original
you'll see quite a few posted jpegs with more than 5000 lines.

If you click on any of those articles (expecting to view the jpeg) pan
will offer to save the attachment instead of displaying it.

The reason for this behavior is a test for article size in header-pane.cc
(line 1277) to decide whether the attachment should be displayed or
saved.  These days 5000 lines is evidently not big enough for many posted
picture files, so I cheat and edit the file to change the 5000 to 10000.

The real problem is that the number is completely arbitrary, of course,
and may increase in the future as digital cameras continue to improve.

I'm guessing that Charles found the problem annoying and settled for the
existing code as 'good enough'.  Just a guess because I wasn't here back
then.  But Duncan was :)  Any thoughts, Duncan?