pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: New version of pan ?

From: Petr Kovar
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: New version of pan ?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:12:34 +0100

Duncan, Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:37:40 +0000 (UTC):

> Petr Kovar posted on Tue, 25 Jan 2011 02:47:09 +0100 as excerpted:
>
> > So with regard to the long-awaited 0.134 release, [... s]tay tuned,
>
> =:^)

Yep.

> FWIW... one thing that Charles has suggested, move quickly to a 1.0
> release and go from there.  Of course that'd be upto you and khaley, but
> if you decide to do it, I'd suggest at least a short 0.134 as what
> amounts to an rc.  Let the various distribution maintainers as well as
> the users kick it around for a few months, then, if there aren't any big
> regressions, consider moving either that code or something close, before
> you start integrating a lot of new features that would need further
> testing, to the big 1.0.

Hey, I think that this would be a nice roadmap for the pan project! 0.134
comes with a lot of changes, so why not think about it as an RC or 1.0
preview release. This project needs to gain more momentum, that's for sure,
and a 'stable' 1.0 release could help us with that.

Anyhow, I've mailed Charles at the last two addresses he used in this
group, charles at rebelbase.com/transmissionbt.com, but if anybody know
about him changing the address in the last few months, please tell me!

Let's hope he's not got too far from his computer! :-)

Best,
Petr Kovar