pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan uses large amounts of memory

From: Alan Meyer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan uses large amounts of memory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:43:15 -0800 (PST)

Leo List <address@hidden> wrote:

>I'm running 64bit Ubuntu and when I start pan, the memory usage increases
>regularly until it hits up to 98% if physical memory and about 50% of swap;
>all

>up about 6GB.
>
>Is there a way of reducing/controlling this

This is probably a red herring but it's worth a try.

I found that pan behaved very badly in Ubuntu when "Assistive Technologies"
Go to System / Preferences / Assistive Technologies.
If the checkbox for "Enable assistive technologies" is checked,
uncheck it.  Then re-open pan and try again.

Good luck.

--
Alan Meyer
address@hidden