pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan and rsync

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan and rsync
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 23:27:21 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff posted on Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:43:42 -0400 as excerpted:

> On 08/06/2010 05:35 AM, Duncan wrote:
>> Meanwhile, I may have figured out why you're not getting a good sync.
>
> Probably I should have used -avr instead of just -av.

Well, it couldn't hurt, but -a (archive) is /supposed/ to include -r
(recursive), at least according to the manpage I have here.  It's actually
supposed to include a whole string of parameters:

"""""
-a, --archive     archive mode; equals -rlptgoD (no -H,-A,-X)
"""""

That's --recursive --(sym)links --perms --(m)times --group --owner
and --devices/--specials.

(-HAX are --hard-links  --acls --xattrs, which don't apply here, but might
be useful on some systems.  Hard-links doesn't apply because they don't
cross filesystems.)