pan-users

[Pan-users] Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header grou

From: Wayne E . Nail
Subject: [Pan-users] Reproducible crash retrieving headers in million-header group
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:51:46 +0000 (UTC)

Using a fresh build from this commit:

commit 7633369be756f0d0fdc6891494440773f8131624
Merge: 41a1f5c ae20158
Author: K. Haley <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jun 20 16:13:27 2010 -0600

I am seeing reproducible failure to retrieve 400 days' headers from a
newsgroup known to routinely carry one million or more articles.

In this instance Pan failed at 85%, 936848 articles, and claimed it had
0:05:04 remaining before finish.

The crash log is: http://pastebin.org/428180

If this log is useless please tell me, and I will run Pan again under
the same conditions but with whatever modifications you advise.

I am pretty sure I have had Pan download *all* headers from a
well-over-one-million-headers newsgroup in the past.

Thank you.