pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:36:22 -0700

On 10/28/2009 05:13 PM, Charles Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:25:26 +0000 (UTC)
> Jim Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I save stuff to folders all the time. --
>>>
>>> Travis in Shoreline Washington
>>
>> I think Charles means folders within pan; saving articles is one thing,
>> but being able to store them within pan for reference is something that
>> went away when the folder functionality in 0.14 was not moved forward to
>> the new relaese of pan.
>>
>> Unless I'm also missing something.  :-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> You're not missing anything Jim.  I thought this feature was eventually
> to be added back in, but apparently not...

I'm surprised that Duncan (the pan historian) hasn't replied yet. Hey,
Duncan!  <slap> <slap> Wake up!

I'm paraphrasing Duncan, who was paraphrasing Charles (Kerr) when he said
that features deleted from old pan would be added back only when enough
pan users demanded it.

Seems to me (the author of one java program and two VisualBasic programs)
that Folders should be fairly easy to add back to new pan.

Right now, though, Charles (Kerr) is looking to fix bugs in new pan, and
not to add new/old features.

Charles?  Duncan?  Anyone?