pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] So, what's left before 1.0?

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:58:49 -0700

From: "Charles Sullivan" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:12 AM
To: <address@hidden>

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:47:16 -0500
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

A few posts back I mentioned that I don't remember what the
remaining checklist items were before this 43-release-long
beta series finally goes stable.

I doubt anyone -- except maybe Duncan -- remembers, and
whatever they were, I wonder if they're dusty enough to be
outweighed by the fact that most distros now carry this "beta"
as default installed software.

Other than the GMime update to fix multipart messages -- which
is already in K Haley's repo -- are there any honest-to-God
showstoppers left?  Not feature requests, tweaks, or whatnot,
but things that would actually prevent Pan 1.0 from finally,
finally coming out...?

Charles

As far as I'm concerned, PAN lost 75% of its overall utility when
the ability to save posts in folders was dropped.  (I used this
feature to save solutions and tips posted in technical newsgroups.)

I save stuff to folders all the time.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington