pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Odd error messages

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Odd error messages
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 16:52:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 03 May 2009 11:23:36 -0500, Pete Goudreau wrote:

> Now it appears clear the OS
> in conjunction with this particular server's nntp behavior are
> responsible for extracting text fragments of posts cached or buffered
> somewhere in transit but never seen, as was proposed.

It's possible, if I remember correctly, that when the admin shuts the
server down, they set a message on the server that the reader is picking
up.  I seem to remember that some NNTP server software allows the server
to reject incoming connections with a message.

I wonder if that may be what you're seeing - and the admin is just
picking a line of text (maybe even using a script) out of a message when
the server is shut down.

You might ask the admin about that.

Jim

--