pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Odd error messages

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Odd error messages
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 15:18:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 02 May 2009 11:28:16 -0500, Pete Goudreau wrote:

> First post so hi to all.

        Welcome aboard!

        [...]
> There is something odd happening on occasion which I can't repeat.  I'll
> write a post and hit send only to get an error message that might say,
> "Master's in what?" or "Creative writing!" or just a caret and nothing
> at all. Saving the post as a draft, opening the post to respond to,
> cutting and pasting from the draft, and hitting send again doesn't
> eliminate the problem. Restarting Pan and repeating the above sequence
> works just fine.  A bit strange.

        You might want to go poke around grc.com and news.grc.com,
especially grc.security and grc.techtalk.linux, to get some feedback on
the cracking question.

        You might also want to go to news.gmane.org and try posting in
gmane.linux.ubuntu.user. One of Pan's greatest benefits is enabling you
to surf big lists like that ubuntu one (or, much more often in my case,
the fedora one) instead of having to plow through digests or index lists
(if they even run Listserv and have the latter).