pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Send a downloaded .nzb file from firefox directly to pan

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Send a downloaded .nzb file from firefox directly to pan?
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:22:51 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:10:25
-0700:

> Alexander J. Pirchl wrote:
>>
>> is it possible to do the following and if yes how. I would like, if I
>> download a .nzb file with firefox, to have it directly open with pan.
>> Normally I would have to save the .nzb somewhere, and then import it
>> with pan.
>>
>> I tried to select it from the firefox download dialog "open file with"
>> but pan is not listed there :-(
>>
> The dialog should have an option for "other," and you could use that to
> browse for pan.  However, this is more a firefox support question than a
> pan question, and you'll probably have better luck here:
> http://support.mozilla.com.  Note that they have a support forum for you
> to get help on questions such as this, and that I've had good luck using
> it in the past.

That's great to get pan opening, but you/he may not be sure what to hand
pan once it's opening.

Once you get pan opening properly from firefox, to get the additional
commandline options you may need to feed pan to get it to download the
nzb, try "pan --help" in a terminal window.  As with most apps, --help as
a commandline option causes pan to spit out some useful information about
various options it takes, including in this case what we are interested
in, the nzb command line options.