pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Send a downloaded .nzb file from firefox directly to

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Send a downloaded .nzb file from firefox directly to pan?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:14:26 -0700

Duncan wrote:
Once you get pan opening properly from firefox, to get the additional
commandline options you may need to feed pan to get it to download the
nzb, try "pan --help" in a terminal window...

You beat me to it.  AFAICT the missing link involves mime, but you know
that subject better than I do. (I was reading the wikipedia article on
mime types when I fell sound asleep -- hence you beat me to it ;o)

If you open firefox and type 'about:config' in the URL slot, you can
search for 'mime' to discover that firefox knows about /etc/mime.types
and ~/.mime.types.

IIUC firefox uses those files to construct its list of helper apps in
the Preferences::Applications dialog box.

IOW it seems we need to add a mimetype for nzb files before we can tell
firefox what to do with a downloaded nzb file.

Thoughts?