pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:27:30 +0000 (UTC)

"Paul Crawford (at UoD)" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 18 Feb
2009 17:43:25 +0000:

> Should this be entered as a 'bug report' for Pan? What is the best route
> to getting it resolved in a manner that is pushed out to the bulk of
> ordinary users soon?

I'm beginning to think so, but decided to sleep on it this morning.  So I
did, and I still think so.  However, we're close enough to a patch that
testing one and having it ready to go (if we're right) will be useful.

I'm thinking about it as a security bug as well, but at this point if it
were just me, I'd talk it over with the Gentoo maintainer and get their
opinion before I filed it as such with GNOME and CERT or whatever.  What
do others here think?