pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:16:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:36:33 -0500, George Sherwood wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 19:21:52 +0400
> "Roman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> > Correct. The Cyrillic spelling for "Administrator", according to the
>> > few bits of Russian I had in school.
>>
>> Correct. I'll post in UTF-8 this time, to improve the chance of
>> recognition: Администратор. (the last letter should look like Latin p,
>> if it's not, it's another bug 8=

In the above quoted material, "Administrator" I see in proper Cyrillic,
but in the original posting, it looked like this:

Correct. I'll post in UTF-8 this time, to improve the chance of recognition:
áÄÍÉÎÉÓÔÒÁÔÏÒ. (the last letter should look like Latin p, if it's not, it's
another bug 8=])

I don't know how this will look on your screen, but the word looks to
me like a mess of vowels with diacritics.  Did George do some hand-
transcription, or did his system do some translation that my system
failed to?  I'm just curious what is going on.

I'm running on a Linux system with UTF8 as the native character set.

--
Greg