pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:22:59 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed, 20 Aug
2008 22:44:18 +0100:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 14:58:50 I wrote:
>
>> Have now installed 0.1.3.2
>
>   - but can't find any way of printing a posting!
>
>   Where can that facility be found?

The rewrite doesn't have the print function, altho if you check the
accels.txt file, there's already an entry reserved for it.

The workaround is to save the post (presumably as text), then open it in
your favorite text editor, delete any extraneous headers and attachment
encodings you don't want printed, and use its printing functionality.

But a lot of folks don't even have printers any more.  I know I don't.
What's a dead-tree copy really useful for anyway?  I can see the
handiness of a nicely bound book if it's big enough, but that's not what
a printer outputs. I just read it, save it, forward it, whatever, all on
the computer.  If I really needed to, I could print it to fax, and fax it
to work, but why would I need to?