pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:24:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:17:19 +0100, Maurice wrote:

>    AAAGGGHHHHH!
>
> So I've lost all the postings that I selectively kept for future
> reference. (But at least I've still got the postings that I made.)

Hi Maurice,

I may be missing your point entirely, and if I am please let me know.

I'm not clear about what you mean by 'kept'.  Did you explicitly save
each article individually in a new file somewhere in your home directory?

If not, then maybe you were depending on pan to 'keep' the posts forever
in its own temporary cache?  I know of no news client that will do that,
because the cache really is temporary and eventually must be purged of
old articles to make room for new ones.