pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Connections

From: Timothy J. Hamilton
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Connections
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:19:33 -0400

This is not a matter of Pan being limited by my usenet server. If only it were so easy.

I use Thundernews. Their most heavily limited account allows 8 connections. I signed up for the SSL-enabled and unlimited account which allows 20 connections.

After exiting Pan, I changed the connection limit from 4 to 20 in servers.xml. I also tried setting a limit of 10 connections.

After exiting Pan, when I check the server connections in "edit news servers", Pan shows a maximum of 4 connections. Further, when I reopen servers.xml after closing Pan, the connection limit in servers.xml is reset to 4.

I use the AMD64 packages provided by Garrison Hoffman made available at

http://codefix.net/ubuntu/pan/