pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:44:38 +0000 (UTC)

Tamas K Papp <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
 Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:01:54 +0200:

> Maybe it would help if users could either
>
> - click on the green text, making it expand to the quoted text (and
>   clicking again would mute it, etc)
>
> - right click on the green text, which would pop up a menu which has
>   expansion as an option
>
> The first option could work on a block-by-block basis, ie not expanding
> all quoted text, just the block the user has clicked on.

Many people get confused when they accidentally hit "q" as their first
acquaintance with this feature.  You're not the first and surely not the
last.

I believe the problem formerly was that the text widget pan uses to
display the body has its own context menu, and it was relatively hard or
impossible to modify it.  At least, was consistently been a weak point,
without the rich context menu options seen elsewhere in pan.  It's
possible he changed widgets along the line and it's possible now, but
he's so used to ignoring it...  Also, if you notice, it still appears the
menu is pretty static, with all menu items appearing all the time, altho
items can be disabled.