pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:07:24 -0700

On 07/16/2008 Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> I guess I must be spoiled then. The group I infest has the habit of > > trimming things out of posts that aren't relevant instead of mindlessly > > quoting everyting.

Might depend on whether or not the discussion is of a technical nature. If solving a technical problem it is usually wise to leave all text to
preclude re-inventing the wheel halfway through the thread.

But then, of course, it's still relevant. Be that as it may, it's largely a matter of style and group-culture. I'm just glad that Pan doesn't force everybody to do things the same way, or mindelessly add another layer of Re: to the subject for every reply like some programs we could all name.