pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Direcly opening nzb files

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Direcly opening nzb files
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:46:27 +0000 (UTC)

Douwe Gelling <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:38:59 +0000:

> Is there a way to make pan simply add the new files to the bottom of the
> already existing queue if there is one?

I don't know, as I don't use nzbs that often.  I'd guess it's a bug, but
that's for someone else to confirm.

> (also on a cosmetic note, I run gnome and it seems the window with the
> download queue doesnt have the nice logo in the top left corner that the
> main window has. This might be because I did something wrong when
> compiling, but I just thought I'd mention it.)

I'd say this probably falls somewhere in the interaction between the
various windowing control levels, generic X window types, modified by
application toolkit chosen (pan and gnome are based on gtk, kde is based
on qt) and desktop environment in general (GNOME/KDE/whatever), modified
by window manager (kwin/metacity/sawfish/whatever), modified by theme/
style you've chosen, and finally modified by user customized settings if
exposed by the choices at the various levels.

FWIW I'm using KDE/kwin here, and both the main window and tasks window
look and behave about the same, with the exception of the main window
settings I've customized thru kde/kwin's specific window settings
(maximized both horizontally and vertically, and on a my dedicated "news"
desktop, all three settings set to apply initially).  Both are "normal
windows" according to the window behavior detection dialog, etc.  Thus,
given I don't see it here, I'd guess the behavior you noted is probably
environment/wm/theme/settings specific.

All that may not be of much use, but FWIW in case it is...