pan-users

[Pan-users] Multiple server support even working?

From: Christian Pernegger
Subject: [Pan-users] Multiple server support even working?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:51:14 +0100

Hi!

I'm in the process of switching to pan as a binary and text newsreader.

It should access two servers in parallel, both of which are reachable
through stunnel SSL tunnels on local ports. So I have two servers
defined: localhost:9120 and localhost:9121. Because I can't then tell
them apart in pan I've actually configured one as 127.0.0.1. Both
servers are primary and have the max of 4 connections allowed.

But
- there's almost never more than 4 connections open (split second, maybe)
- the second newsrc has size 0
- no connection attempts to the second server show up in the stunnel logs
- only 'localhost' shows up in pans event log, never '127.0.0.1'
- getting a grouplist only puts one task in the queue, not two

Basically it seems like the second server isn't used at all ...

Pointers welcome,

C.