pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:29:21 -0500

Travis wrote:
I can start Pan from the "Run" box but not from the "command prompt".
If I type "cmd" in the run box I get the "command prompt" box.  The
problem is not about getting Pan to run it is about Pan not saving my
subscribed groups when I close Pan.  I'm 99 44/100% sure it is a Vista
issue and not a Pan issue.
As I recall, the reason running pan from the command line was suggested in the first place was so that any diagnostic output would be visible, possibly throwing light on the problem of not saving the subscribed groups. So..., if you can run pan from the Run box, what if you just change the command in the Run box to:
 pan > C:\pan_output.log
(I have no idea what the Windows equivalent of 2>&1 would be -- to be sure to get standard error into the log).
-- David