pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Multi-part images binaries black at bottom half

From: Chip Rose
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Multi-part images binaries black at bottom half
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:14:14 -0500

I got the latest Pan from darrenalbers.com, and installed it easily. Everything works great now, and more power features also. Thanks David, and thanks Darren.

 - Chip

David Shochat wrote:
Chip Rose wrote:
When I click on multi-part image binaries, the entire bottom half of the photo is cut off, and is basically solid black. I'm using Pan 0.14.2.91, which is the Pan version that I've used for ages under Xandros OS.

-----

0.14.2.91 is very old at this point. You should get the latest version, 0.120. One of the members of this list builds Pan Ubuntu packages very quickly whenever there is a new release. See his site:

 http://darrenalbers.com/pan/

for the package and instructions. The reason the Ubuntu releases (and those of other distros) still have the old Pan is that it is still the latest non-beta version. Once 1.0 comes out, that will no longer be true and you'll most likely start to see a much more current Pan version included.
-- David