pan-users

Re: [unclassified] [Pan-users] Feature Request

From: Graham Todd
Subject: Re: [unclassified] [Pan-users] Feature Request
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:02:45 +0000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:52:49 -0600
Gary Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was wondering if there are any plans to be able to post binaries to
> usenet with Pan. Kind of like Xnews does, select the files, encode
> and split them using yenc, then post them to one or several groups.

This has come up regularly as a request.  For Linux, there is already a
good binary news poster in newspost.  It command line, but I don't see
any reason why there can't be a button on Pan's toolbar to call it up.
However, the reply given to the request is that it hasn't very high
priority.

There are two GUI front ends that used to be available for news post
(gnewspost and knewspost, for Gnome and KDE respectively) but both are
old and Knewspost at least is incompatible with current versions of KDE.

It would be nice if Pan could connect to newspost for binary uploading.

--

Graham