pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:46:12 -0500

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:04:23 +0000
Graham Todd <address@hidden> wrote:

> That may be the case, but it still does all I want it to do.  Unless it
> gets broken by dependencies, why does it need upgrading?

For instance, while newspost does support automatically generating par files,
unfortunately it's the outdated par format and not the much improved par2
files.  This makes the par function of newspost completely useless.  Yes, you
can work around this by generating your par2 files manually, but it degrades
the usefulness of the program.

While newspost still works, it's important to realise it's unmaintained
software and if it breaks in the future (compiler bug or whatnot) a fix will
be slow in coming.  And since newspost is the only game in town for Linux
binary uploading, perhaps one of the windows programs through Wine is the
answer.

--
If God had intended Man to Watch TV, He would have given him Rabbit Ears.